2007年6月10日日曜日

Lesson 6 Names and Addresses

1.Are feelings emotions and facial expressions universal across borders, happy, sad, etc..?

I think the way of showing emotion is a little different.

2. Try to name as many feelings as possible in Japanese.

  ①うれしい  happy
②悲しい    sad
③楽しい    fun
④落ち込む   feel down 
  ⑤怒る    angry
⑥寂しい    lonely
⑦腹が立つ   mad
  ⑧驚く     surprise
⑨つらい    hard/rough
⑩がっかりする disappoint

3. Are there any feelings in Japanese that cannot be translated into English?

 頑張って/仕方ない

2 件のコメント:

みーこ さんのコメント...

I agree that 仕方ない is difficult word. Mabey Japanese people often muddy up many things, but Western become clear conclusion. so I think it comes from different culture.

Winnie the Pooh さんのコメント...

I agree with your ponion. It is difficult to translate 頑張って into English. I don't know how I can say it in English, too.